Downstairs COVID-19 FAQs
Frequently asked questions, including COVID-19 safety measures
Pleasance London (Downstairs)
What are we doing to ensure the building is Covid safe?
We have taken many steps to ensure that your visit to Pleasance is safe and enjoyable.
- The auditorium in Downstairs has been re-configured with a reduced capacity and perspex screens to separate groups or ‘bubbles’ allowing for comfortable social distancing. These screens will be between you and your neighbours and will not affect your view of the stage.
- We have implemented a one way system in the venue and around the building which will be shown through signage on the floor. We will also have members of staff on hand to direct and help you as you move through the building.
- You will find hand sanitiser stations set up along your journey throughout the building and outside your venue. We will be performing temperature checks and will ask all audience members to sanitise their hands upon entry.
- If you record a temperature above 38c we will ask you to stand aside for 10 minutes before reperforming the check. If a second recording of over 38c is taken you will not be permitted to enter the building on this occasion. You may exchange your ticket for another night (subject to availability) by emailing [email protected]
- The auditorium will open 30 minutes before each performance to give you time to settle in and enjoy some pre-show drinks.
- We have put strict hygiene and cleanliness protocols in place. A deep clean and disinfection of the auditorium and communal areas will take place before and after every performance. All surfaces, door handles and toilets will be disinfected regularly throughout the evening.
How do I order a drink and are you serving food?
- We will be operating a drinks delivery service via app ‘Butlr’. Ahead of your visit feel free to download the app here and log in before you arrive.
- You will be able to order drinks to your seats for up to 15 minutes prior to the start of the show.
- After the show our bar area will be open with socially distanced tables for you to enjoy a post show drink.
- The bar will be fully cashless with all orders paid for by card on the app.
How do I book a ticket?
- The best way to book a ticket is on our website here. Our Box Office in the venue is not currently open so tickets cannot be purchased in person. Our Box Office team are still available daily from 2pm - 5pm on 020 7609 1800 and email on [email protected]. All tickets must be purchased in advance of the show and cannot be bought on the door.
Do I need a physical ticket?
- No. We won’t be using any physical tickets. All tickets will be in the form of a QR code and will be emailed through to the lead booker. We will then scan the QR code on your phone. If you would prefer to bring a print out of the email, that is absolutely fine.
- Please note, we will not be posting out any physical tickets. If you are purchasing the ticket as a gift, you can simply forward on the email containing your tickets.
How many tickets can I book and how many households can attend with me?
- In line with government guidance we can not accept any group bookings larger than 6 and this must be from a maximum of two households.
Can I buy a single ticket?
- Absolutely. Please email [email protected] and we will arrange a seat for you subject to availability.
Can I reserve seats?
- You cannot reserve seats unless you have a specific access requirement. We will assign you seats which the usher will show you to when you arrive.
- If you do have any access requirements, please contact us on [email protected], where one of our team will be able to provide further assistance.
Do I have to wear a mask?
- You must wear your mask at all times during the performance and while you are moving around the building. You may remove your mask temporarily if you are drinking a drink at your seat. You will not have to wear a mask if you are exempt, in which case we would recommend you download an exemption card, available here to easily explain your exemption.
What should I do when I arrive?
- Follow the directional signage towards ‘Downstairs’. To find the venue you need to walk through the courtyard of the Depot pub and turn left. You will see the venue in front of you. Staff will be on hand to assist you.
- Your tickets will be checked either on your phone or from a print out if that is easier for you.
- We kindly ask that you maintain your distance from those outside of your bubble whilst waiting to have your tickets checked.
- After checking your tickets and temperature our member of staff will direct you to your seats where you can order food and drinks until the show starts via the app ‘Butlr’ (available to download here) and our team will deliver these to your seat.
- At the end of the performance there will be some time to enjoy a post show drink in our foyer space.
Can I go to the toilet during the show?
- Yes. You will be able to go to the toilet at any point during the evening. Please follow the one way system and put your mask on as you move around the building. You will unfortunately not be able to re-enter the venue once the show has started.
What happens if the show is cancelled?
- If the show is cancelled for whatever reason we will of course provide a full refund, or if you would prefer, an exchange for an alternative night (this will be subject to availability). We are closely monitoring the government guidance and will communicate any changes to your booking as quickly as possible via email.
What happens if I, or any member of my party feel unwell?
- If you are feeling unwell or have to self-isolate please do not attend the theatre. Email [email protected] and we will issue a refund on your tickets. Your refund will not include the booking fee.
What happens if I arrive late?
- Unfortunately once the show has started in Downstairs we will not be able to admit you into the auditorium. We advise arriving in good time and enjoying a pre-show drink and pizza with us.