Downstairs COVID-19 FAQs
Frequently asked questions, including COVID-19 safety measures
Pleasance London (Downstairs)
PLEASE NOTE: We are still maintaining protocols under the official guidelines. In the event that any restrictons are tightened or loosened, bookers will be notified with an update.
What are we doing to ensure the building is Covid safe?
Although from July 19th many restrictions have been lifted we have still taken many steps to ensure that your visit to Pleasance is both safe and enjoyable.
- The Downstairs auditorium is being sold at a reduced capacity to allow for comfortable spacing.
- You will find hand sanitiser stations set up along your journey throughout the building and outside your venue.
- The bar area will open 90 minutes before each performance to give you time to avoid the queues, settle in and enjoy some pre-show drinks.
- We have put strict hygiene and cleanliness protocols in place. A deep clean and disinfection of the auditorium and communal areas will take place before and after every performance. All surfaces, door handles and toilets will be disinfected regularly throughout the evening.
How do I order a drink and are you serving food?
- We will be operating a drinks delivery service via app ‘Butlr’. Ahead of your visit feel free to download the app here and log in before you arrive.
- You will be able to order drinks in our bar area for 90 minutes before the show begins. You can either order at the bar or have your drinks delivered to your seats.
- After the show our inside bar area will be open for you to enjoy a post show drink.
- The bar will be fully cashless with all orders paid for by card on the app.
How do I book a ticket?
- The best way to book a ticket is on our website here. Our Box Office is open from 2pm - 8pm on every show day. You can contact our Box Office on 020 7609 1800 and email on [email protected] All tickets must be purchased in advance of the show and cannot be bought on the door.
Do I need a physical ticket?
- No. We won’t be using any physical tickets. All tickets will be in the form of a QR code and will be emailed through to the lead booker. We will then scan the QR code on your phone. If you would prefer to bring a print out of the email, that is absolutely fine.
- Please note, we will not be posting out any physical tickets. If you are purchasing the ticket as a gift, you can simply forward on the email containing your tickets.
How many tickets can I book and how many households can attend with me?
- There are now no restrictions on the number of households or people that can attend with you. Due to the size of the venue any large bookings in Downstairs will not all be sat together. We will do our best to seat you as close to your friends as possible.
Can I buy a single ticket?
- Absolutely. Please email [email protected] and we will arrange a seat for you subject to availability.
Can I reserve seats?
- You cannot reserve seats unless you have a specific access requirement. We will assign you seats which the usher will show you to when you arrive.
- If you do have any access requirements, please contact us on [email protected], where one of our team will be able to provide further assistance.
Do I have to wear a mask?
- Although masks are no longer mandatory, out of consideration for your fellow audience members and our staff we strongly advise that you wear a mask throughout the performance. We want to create the safest possible environment for every member of our audience and staff. We appreciate your cooperation in this.
What should I do when I arrive?
- Head up the stairs as you enter to the courtyard to find the Theatre Bar and Box Office. Once inside our staff will let you know when the auditorium is open and will guide to the venue.Your tickets will be checked either on your phone or from a print out if that is easier for you.
- We kindly ask that you maintain your distance from those outside of your group whilst waiting to have your tickets checked.
- After checking your tickets and temperature our member of staff will direct you to your seats where you can order food and drinks until the show starts via the app ‘Butlr’ (available to download here) and our team will deliver these to your seat.
- You will also be able to enjoy a pre-show drink in our bar area for 90 minutes before the performance
- At the end of the performance there will be some time to enjoy a post show drink in our bar area.
Can I go to the toilet during the show?
- Yes. You will be able to go to the toilet at any point during the evening. Please put your mask on as you move around the building. You will unfortunately not be able to re-enter the venue once the show has started.
What happens if the show is cancelled?
- If the show is cancelled for whatever reason we will of course provide a full refund, or if you would prefer, an exchange for an alternative night (this will be subject to availability). We are closely monitoring the government guidance and will communicate any changes to your booking as quickly as possible via email.
What happens if I, or any member of my party feel unwell?
- If you are feeling unwell or have to self-isolate please do not attend the theatre. Email [email protected] and we will issue a refund on your tickets. Your refund will not include the booking fee.
What happens if I arrive late?
- Latecomers will only be admitted into the auditorium at appropriate moments during the show, however this is at the artists discretion and some shows may not allow any latecomers at any point. We advise arriving in good time and enjoying a pre-show drink in our bar area.