Learn the ropes at the Pleasance
Applications for the 2017 Production Internships are now open!
The Pleasance Theatre Trust offers 3 production internships throughout the year.
Our aim is to provide a step up into the industry for aspiring theatre practitioners, with real responsibilities and hands-on experience. Many interns have gone on to do great things within the entertainment industry – some even with the Pleasance. Our internships are about gaining practical skills and on-the-job knowledge to help develop your career, not about making tea (although the odd cup is always welcome).
The internships take places between February – April, May – July and October – December.
Because our internships are voluntary positions, we aim for them to be as flexible as possible to revolve around your other commitments. We look for you to be with us three days per week across the three-month period. Interns receive daily expenses of up to £10 to cover food and travel (upon presenting valid receipts). The option to join the Pleasance team in Edinburgh during the Festival Fringe can also be explored, but is not essential to the role.
Candidates should be:
- Over 18
- An enthusiastic lover of theatre and comedy
- Proactive with great initiative
- Able to manage a varied workload and work to tight deadlines
- Computer literate, with the ability to learn new systems if required
- Enthusiastic, and willing to learn
About the Internship
Successful candidates will provide valuable assistance to the production and Front of House departments. Working as part of this small team will enable them to develop strength in organisation, dexterity and communication, cultivate flair for service both for our companies and our guests and expand your technical knowledge.
- Internship One: February – April
- Internship Two: May – July
- Internship Three: October – December
A full spec can be found in the downloads section at the bottom of the page or by clicking here.
How to Apply
All internships are subject to interview, which will be held 1-2 months prior to the commencement of each respective placement.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter expressing your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadlines below.
Please remember to stipulate which placement you wish to be considered for (Internship One, Two or Three).
- Internship One (February – April): Tuesday 31st January 2017, 6pm
- Internship Two (May – July): Friday 17th March 2017, 6pm
- Internship Three (October – December): Friday 1st September 2017, 6pm
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we may only be able to respond to successful applicants.