New writing at its freshest
Weeklong festival connecting playwrights and audiences
Looking for a chance to bring your play from page to stage?
Want to see new writing at its freshest?
Reading Week connects playwrights and audiences, giving writers the opportunity to hear their scripts brought to life in a rehearsed reading and gain valuable feedback.
Join us at Pleasance Islington for a week-long festival of new plays, with a different one every night - you could be sitting beside the next Sarah Kane or Tom Stoppard!
Reading Week 2018 will take place from 29 May to 3 June, and applications will open in February.
- Mentoring and support from our team
- 1 day of rehearsal space
- An evening in our StageSpace studio theatre to share your script-in-hand reading with an audience
- Feedback from a panel of industry professionals
- Basic technical support for the event
Each project should be:
- A full-length play (60mins or more)
- New writing (never previously performed in full)