Weeklong festival connecting playwrights and audiences 5 - 8 June 2019
SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN. DEADLINE 1 APRIL at 12 MIDDAY.
Looking for a chance to bring your play from page to stage?
Want to see new writing at its freshest?
Reading Week connects playwrights and audiences, giving writers the opportunity to hear their scripts brought to life in a rehearsed reading and gain valuable feedback.
Join us at Pleasance Islington for a week-long festival of new plays, with a different one every night - you could be sitting beside the next Sarah Kane or Tom Stoppard!
Reading Week 2019 will take place 5th - 8th June 2019 Each selected playwright is responsible for putting together a team (director/actors), although we may be able to support this process. We do not have any requirements for content or style of the work, but will prioritise work that is innovative in content and form. For more information, please read our 2019 Brief to Writers.
Applications for Reading Week 2019 are now OPEN. Please fill in this application form and submit your play for consideration.
Deadline: Monday 1 April, 12 midday.
Each project should be:
- A full-length play (60mins or more)
- New writing (never previously performed in full)
- Written for theatre (not radio/tv/film)
Successful writers will receive:
- Initial feedback from our readers
- One-to-one dramaturgical meeting
- Production support from our team (marketing, producing, tech)
- 1 day of rehearsal space at the Pleasance
- An evening in our StageSpace studio to share your script-in-hand reading with an audience
- Feedback from a panel of industry professionals
- Basic technical support for the event