Pleasance London FAQs
Frequently asked questions, including COVID-19 safety measures
Pleasance London FAQs
How do I order drinks and snacks?
The bar area will be open 90 mins before the performance to allow you plenty of time to settle in and enjoy a pre-show drink or snack.
After the show our inside bar area will be open for you to enjoy a post show drink.
We do not offer hot food.
Main House only: You can also order drinks to your seat once inside the Main House auditorium using the Butlr app, which you can download in advance of the show here.
Do you accept cash at your venue?
- We are a fully cashless venue. You can pay for drinks via the app Butlr, or using your debit or credit card.
How do I book a ticket?
- You can book tickets on our website 24/7, or alternatively you can book over the phone. You can find our phone line opening hours here.
We encourage booking in advance to guarantee a place, but our on-site Box Office is open from 1 hour before the show for any enquiries. The Box Office closes 15 minutes after the start of the final performance of the day.
You will receive an E-Ticket with a QR code for entry to the show. If you haven’t received your E-Ticket, please contact [email protected].
We cannot print or post tickets.
We do not accept cash at the Box Office.
Do you offer refunds?
Our tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable, and late-comers may not be admitted. The booking fee is also non-refundable.
If you test positive for COVID 19 or have to self-isolate please do not attend the theatre. Email [email protected] and we will issue a credit note for the value of your tickets for future use. Your credit refund will not include the booking fee.
Is Pleasance London accessible?
All our venues and facilities are step-free, apart from The Studio (formerly StageSpace).
If there is anything that you would like us to be aware of before booking, for example you require lift access or require a hearing loop, email [email protected] and we will be happy to help.
What sort of seats are available?
Main House: You have a choice of two styles of seating - Tables (with chairs) or Groups (bar stools). If you are not happy to sit on a bar stool, please book a Table. If a show is sold out we will be unable to change your seating type on the night so please ask the Box Office before booking if you are unable to sit on a bar stool. We cannot offer refunds on tickets once booked.
Downstairs & The Studio: Both these spaces have cushioned bench-style seating. You may be sat next to other patrons.
Can I reserve seats?
- All our seating is unreserved, unless you have access requirements.
What are we doing to ensure the building is Covid safe?
Although from July 19th many restrictions have been lifted we have still taken many steps to ensure that your visit to Pleasance is both safe and enjoyable.
- You will find hand sanitiser stations set up along your journey throughout the building and outside your venue.
- The bar area will open 90 minutes before each performance to give you time to avoid the queues, settle in and enjoy some pre-show drinks.
- We have put strict hygiene and cleanliness protocols in place. A deep clean and disinfection of the auditorium and communal areas will take place before and after every performance.
Do I have to wear a mask?
Although masks are no longer mandatory, out of consideration for your fellow audience members and our staff we strongly advise that you wear a mask throughout the performance. We want to create the safest possible environment for every member of our audience and staff. We appreciate your cooperation in this.
Do you have a cloakroom facility?
- Unfortunately we are not able to offer a cloakroom facility or store any luggage.
What's your babes in arms policy?
- All children aged 2 and over need their own ticket.