Frequently asked questions, including COVID-19 safety measures
What are we doing to ensure the building is Covid safe?
- We have taken many steps to ensure that your visit to Pleasance is safe and enjoyable. The auditorium has been re-configured with a predominantly cabaret style seating layout, allowing for comfortable social distancing. Where a two metre distance has not been possible, you will find perspex screens separating groups or ‘bubbles’. These screens will be between you and your neighbours and will not affect your view of the stage.
- We have implemented a one way system around the building which will be shown through signage on the floor. We will also have members of staff on hand to direct and help you as you move through the building.
- You will find hand sanitiser stations set up along your journey throughout the building. We ask all audience members to sanitise their hands upon entry.
- The foyer areas will be closed off to the public to prevent crowding. We will be opening the auditorium one hour before each performance to give you time to settle in and enjoy some pre-show drinks.
- We have put strict hygiene and cleanliness protocols in place. A deep clean and disinfection of the auditorium and communal areas will take place before every performance. All surfaces, door handles and toilets will be disinfected regularly throughout the evening.
How do I order a drink and are you serving food?
- We will be operating a delivery service to your table inside the auditorium. Orders will be placed on the app Butlr and our team will deliver your drinks to you. Drinks can be ordered before the show, during the interval and for a period of time after the performance. To save time, feel free to download the app here and log in before you arrive.
- We have teamed up with our neighbours The Depot to provide pizzas throughout the evening. Pizzas can be ordered at the same time as drinks, via the app.
- The bar will be fully cashless, with all orders paid for by card on the app.
How do I book a ticket?
- The best way to book a ticket is on our website here. Our Box Office in the venue is not currently open so tickets cannot be purchased in person.
- All tickets must be purchased in advance of the show and cannot be bought on the door.
- If you have any questions, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our Box Office team will be happy to help.
I have specific requirements for my booking. How do I book?
- If there is anything that you would like us to be aware of before booking, for example you are a wheelchair user or require a hearing loop, email email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
- We offer a complimentary Personal Assistant or Carer ticket. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org before you make your booking to arrange this.
- More information on our access provision is available here.
Do I need a physical ticket?
- No. We won’t be using any physical tickets. All tickets will be in the form of a QR code and will be emailed through to the lead booker. We will then scan the QR code on your phone. If you would prefer to bring a print out of the email, that is absolutely fine.
- Please note, we will not be posting out any physical tickets. If you are purchasing the ticket as a gift, you can simply forward on the email containing your tickets.
How many tickets can I book and how many households can attend with me?
- In line with government guidance, we cannot accept any group bookings larger than six. All groups must consist of only one household or support bubble.
- If your ticket size isn't available to purchase on the website, please email the Box Office and we will try to help if we can.
Can I buy a single ticket?
- Absolutely. Please email email@example.com and we will arrange a seat for you. You will be sat in the balcony level where we will place perspex screens beside you to separate bubbles. Ticket purchases will all be subject to availability.
Can I reserve seats?
- You cannot reserve seats unless you have a specific access requirement. You will receive an email with your allocated seat number/s and venue entrance on the day of the show.
Do I have to wear a mask?
- We ask that you wear a mask while you are moving around the building, i.e. when taking your seats and going to the toilet. You will not have to wear a mask during the performance. You will not have to wear a mask if you are exempt, in which case we would recommend you download an exemption card, available here to easily explain your exemption.
What should I do when I arrive?
- On the day of the show you will receive an email detailing which of the two entrances you will use to enter the venue. If you are unfamiliar with the building, do not worry, we will have staff on hand to help.
- Your tickets will be checked either on your phone or from a print-out if that is easier for you.
- We kindly ask that you maintain your distance from those outside your bubble whilst waiting to have your tickets checked.
- Once inside the auditorium, you will be met by a member of our team who will show you to your seat. We ask that you stay in your seat throughout the evening unless you are heading to the toilet.
- You can order food and drinks throughout your visit on the app Butlr (available to download here) and our team will deliver these to your table.
- At the end of the performance, there will be some time to enjoy a post show drink in the auditorium. When you leave, please follow the one way system and continue to maintain your distance from others.
Can I go to the toilet during the show?
- Yes. You will be able to go to the toilet at any point during the evening. Please follow the one way system and put your mask on as you move around the building.
What happens if the show is cancelled?
- If the show is cancelled for whatever reason we will of course provide a full refund, or if you would prefer, an exchange for an alternative night (subject to availability). We are closely monitoring the government guidance and will communicate any changes to your booking as quickly as possible via email.
What happens if I, or any member of my party feel unwell?
- If you are feeling unwell or have to self-isolate please do not attend the theatre. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will issue a refund on your tickets. Your refund will not include the booking fee.
What happens if I arrive late?
- This will be dependent on the show you are going to see. We will get you into the auditorium as quickly and discreetly as possible but in order to cause minimum disruption to the audience and performers we may wait for an appropriate moment in the show. When you receive your confirmation email it will contain more information on the latecomer policy of your show.