Pleasance Festival Team
Work with us at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
Register your interest in joining us for Festival 2021
Whilst there is still a great deal of uncertainty around what 2021 has in store, what is clear is that providing new opportunities within the arts is more vital now than it ever has been. The Pleasance will return to Edinburgh in August 2021 with what may arguably be our most important Festival to date. We would love for you to join us.
Applications to be part of our 2021 Festival Team will launch once our recruitment timeline is finalised. If you would like to take part, please submit your details via the link below and you will be the first to hear about any opportunities when they are launched.
Provisional dates for team members are Friday 30th July to Wednesday 1st September 2021.
Please note that the information below shows our standard appication process for the Pleasance Team roles as they were originally intended for Fringe 2020 (since suspended). This is for reference only. If you would like to register your interest in joining us, please use the form above.
The Pleasance Theatre Trust is recognised as a leading cultivator of talent at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, with each festival offering an opportunity to nurture the skills of those working both on and off the stage.
In 2019, our Edinburgh venues welcomed an audience of over 550,000 people across 27 days with a programme of 270 productions. In 2020, we will be presenting the Fringe’s most compelling, entertaining and boundary pushing shows in 30 performance spaces across 3 sites.
Making this all possible is a dedicated team of experienced industry individuals working in different specialisms across our sites, supporting the daily operation and the team of over 180 volunteers who join us in all departments in the Pleasance Festival Volunteer Programme. Together they support the artists on stage, visiting audiences, and each other.
The majority of these Festival roles take place from Friday 31st July – Wednesday 2nd September inclusive, with performances taking place from Wednesday 5th August – Monday 31st August inclusive.
We are currently recruiting for a range of positions – full details including the period of engagement, role description and contract terms can found in the ‘Role Pack’ below;
- Stage Manager (Role Pack)
- Venue Manager (Role Pack)
- Venue Technician – Lighting (Role Pack)
- Venue Technician – Sound (Role Pack)
The Pleasance is a hub of creativity which cultivates the brightest new ideas, raw talent and skills. Join us.
Phone: +44 (0)207 619 6868
Post: Festival Recruitment, Pleasance Theatre Trust Ltd, Carpenters Mews, North Road, London, N7 9EF
The Pleasance Theatre Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
If you would require any reasonable adjustments at interview or whilst undertaking the role as specified, please highlight this as part of your application and we will be happy to discuss these.
About Our Team
The Pleasance is a place for experiences – both on and off the stage. For staff, audiences and performers alike, we want this experience to be positive, lasting and even life affirming. We measure the success of our operation through the delivery of these experiences, not by ticket sales or 5 star reviews. To achieve this, we are looking for people who share our values;
- Passion – Our team is driven by their enthusiasm for what they do and why they do it. From this comes a unique energy that fuels us, creates momentum and permeates every facet of the Pleasance.
- People – No matter the level of knowledge or seniority, each and every team member has an equal value. Our collective ambitions can only be achieved through the active participation of all. Our team are committed to inclusion, peer-to-peer learning and pro-active support.
- Pride – We are motivated to deliver the highest possible standards with an approach that is as personable as it is professional. Our team takes pride in creating an exemplary environment where participants feel nurtured, engaged, valued and inspired.
- Perseverance – We operate in a fast-paced working environment and take this on with open arms and eyes. Through a positive mind-set, good sense of humour and a “can do” attitude, our teams share both the challenges and rewards of an unparalleled creative workplace.
- Progression – We exist to offer a platform to talented people looking to develop in the creative industries and will work tirelessly to support them in that pursuit. We are a family that is proud to be represented by an inspiring community of alumni that spans the globe.
Pleasance Theatre Trust Ltd - Registered Charity 1050944 (England & Wales) and SC043237 (Scotland)