Festival Vacancies 2017
Volunteer with us at the Fringe - Applications Open!
An unforgettble month at the very heart of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe awaits!
Applications to be part of the 2017 Pleasance Edinburgh Festival Volunteer Programme are open NOW.
About the Programme
The Pleasance Festival Volunteer Programme provides a platform for people from all background to hone their skills in the creative industries.
From Friday 28th July to Wednesday 30th August 2017 inclusive, we are joined by some 200 volunteers who act in dedicated positions with genuine responsibilities, each at the cente of the largest arts festival in the world.
Positions are available in the following areas;
- Venue Managers
- Venue Crew (Sound / Lighting / Stage Management)
- IT Assistant
- Box Office
- Front of House
- Arts Industry Reception
- Press Office
- Brooke’s Club Hosts
- Street Team
- Media Futures (Content Producer / Photographer / Videographer)
As a not-for-profit charity, the Pleasance Theatre Trust is recognised as a leading cultivator of talent on the Fringe, with each festival offering an opportunity to nurture the skills of those working off stage, as well as those performing on it. Our voluntary team includes those of all levels of experience, from individuals with years of industry knowledge to relative newcomers who exhibit the right attitude and want to take part.
Whether you are willing to impart knowledge or are keen to accept it, there is a place for you on our team.
Further information on each of the roles can be found in the information pack.
The venue is open to the public from 2nd - 28th August inclusive and you can expect to work daily during this period on a schedule that varies according to your role. All volunteers are involved the venue Get-In and Get-Out at either side of these dates, where we set up and pack up the venue respectively.
In addition to what we hope is an invaluable and exhilarating experience, all volunteers receive;
- A subsistence of no less than £600 as a contribution to your living expenses. This can be paid in 2 parts (50% in the middle of the festival, 50% at the end) or in one lump sum at the conclusion of the run.
- For those who require accommodation, a single private bedroom within close proximity to the venue at no cost. Each room is in a 4 - 6 bedroom apartment that is shared exclusively with other Pleasance volunteers.
- A Pleasance Pass, which gives free access to any show in the Pleasance programme, as well as discounts at various restaurants, cafes and bars throughout Edinburgh.
- Weekly parties and get togethers, so that you can relax, have fun and get to know the great team of people around you.
Our aim is to provide volunteers with safe, secure lodgings and the means to enjoy the festival for the month. All you need to do is arrange your own travel if you are joining us from outside of Edinburgh.
We welcome applications from anyone, with any level of experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview in London, Edinburgh, Manchester or by Skype or phone if you can’t attend either location.
Whilst interviews primarily take place in March and April, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until all positions are filled. As such, there is no set deadline. As we consider applications on a first received, first reviewed basis - we advise all candidates to apply as soon as possible to maximise your chances.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants.
If you have any queries or wish to follow up on your application at any point, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Phone: 0207 619 6868
Address: Pleasance Theatre Trust Ltd, Carpenters Mews, North Road, London, N7 9EF
The Pleasance Theatre Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.