Pleasance Festival Opportunities
Work with us at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe
Register your interest in joining us for Festival 2022
Join us at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe 2022!
Applications to join the Pleasance Festival Team launch in January 2022. Please complte the Expression of Interest form to be the first to hear when they do.
About the Roles
The Pleasance Theatre Trust is recognised as a leading cultivator of talent at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, with each festival offering an opportunity to nurture the skills of those working both on and off the stage.
As an educational charity the Pleasance remains fiercely committed to developing careers. In our festival team, those working in the industry stand proudly side by side with those just starting out in the Pleasance Festival Volunteer Programme. Together they support the artists on stage, visiting audiences, and each other.
Launching January 2022, we will be recruiting a range of positions - including the following;
- Technical Supervisor
- Venue Supervisor
- Sound Supervisor
- Lighting Supervisor
- Front of House Manager
- Front of House Supervisor
- Box Office Supervisor
- Arts Industry Supervisor
- Marketing Coordinator
- Assistant to the Director
- Staffing Coordinator
- Festival Volunteer Programme (Further Information)
The Pleasance is a place for everyone, built by us, but made unforgettable by you.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter in .pdf or .doc format by email including the Role title in your subject line to:
Festival Volunteer Programme applications should be made via the online application form - further information.
All applicants are also requested to complete the Pleasance Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form at:
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview in person, via Zoom or by phone on a rolling basis until all roles are filled, with the majority typically taking place from April - June.
Late opportunities may arise, even during August, so we welcome applications at any time.
Applications via alternative means such as a video or voice application will be accepted from those who require reasonable adjustments. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this. If you require any additional reasonable adjustments at interview or whilst undertaking the role, please highlight this as part of your application.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants - however you may contact us at any time for an update on your application status.
The Pleasance Theatre Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. In particular, we encourage applications from backgrounds or social groups currently underrepresented in the creative industries.
If you would require any reasonable adjustments at interview or whilst undertaking the role as specified, please highlight this as part of your application and we will be happy to discuss these.
About Our Team
The Pleasance is a place for experiences – both on and off the stage. For our team, audiences and performers alike, we want this experience to be positive, lasting and even life affirming. We measure the success of our operation through the delivery of these experiences, not by ticket sales or 5 star reviews. To achieve this, we are looking for people who share our values;
- Passion – Our team is driven by their enthusiasm for what they do and why they do it. From this comes a unique energy that fuels us, creates momentum and permeates every facet of the Pleasance.
- People – No matter the level of knowledge or seniority, each and every team member has an equal value. Our collective ambitions can only be achieved through the active participation of all. Our team is committed to inclusion, peer-to-peer learning and pro-active support.
- Pride – We are motivated to deliver the highest possible standards with an approach that is as personable as it is professional. Our team takes pride in creating an exemplary environment where participants feel nurtured, engaged, valued and inspired.
- Perseverance – We operate in a fast-paced working environment and take this on with open arms and eyes. Through a positive mind-set, good sense of humour and a “can do” attitude, our teams share both the challenges and rewards of an unparalleled creative workplace.
- Progression – We exist to offer a platform to talented people looking to develop in the creative industries and will work tirelessly to support them in that pursuit. We are a family that is proud to be represented by an inspiring community of alumni that spans the globe.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 (0)207 619 6868
Post: Festival Recruitment, Pleasance Theatre Trust Ltd, Carpenters Mews, North Road, London, N7 9EF
Pleasance Theatre Trust Ltd - Registered Charity 1050944 (England & Wales) and SC043237 (Scotland)