London Associate Artists and Companies
Offering practical support to theatre artists and companies in London
Our London Associate Artists are testament to the sheer breadth and diversity of theatre we support here at Pleasance
Applications are open to everyone! All we ask is that you are theatre makers/writers, based within the capital and can clearly demonstrate how being a London Associate will provide the transformative tools to enable you to take your work and craft to the next level.
Submissions to be a Pleasance London Associate Artist are currently closed.
All of our Associate Artists benefit from being part of one of London and Edinburgh’s most exciting theatres, renowned for its mission of providing a platform for the talent of the future. London Associate Artists also benefit from:
- 100% subsidised rehearsal space.
- Work and meeting space.
- Practical Mentoring.
Aside from supporting our London Associate Artists with space, mentoring and other opportunities, they are also welcomed into the Pleasance community. In return our London Associate Artists acts as ambassadors for Pleasance, actively engaging with the theatre, the artists we support and our programme of work.
2020-21 London Associate Artists
2019-20 London Associate Artists
- 'Being an Associate Artist at the Pleasance has allowed me to regain confidence in my work as a writer. Without their constant support, mentorship validation, encouragement and accidental counselling I feel like I would have completely stalled creatively. The patience and care that the whole team have shown in facilitating my needs has been second to none and one that I will never forget.' Kat Woods
- 'Being a Pleasance Associate Artist gave me the reassuring feeling that someone in the industry always had my back. It's great to know that there is always somewhere to turn to with questions about funding, development and venues when and if I need it.' Fran Bushe
- 'Being Pleasance Associate Artists is the most pleasant experience we've ever had! For some reason they've let us Little Wimmin into their Main House and we're presently feeling very at home here and supported.' Figs in Wigs
- 'After giving Wound Up its first professional transfer, becoming Associate Artists of The Pleasance has been an amazing leap forward for our company. To enjoy the validation that comes from having London's premier Fringe Theatre invite you in to become part of the furniture has been incredible and a huge honor. We've just been invited back for our second year, have amazingly exciting things in the pipeline with the team and couldn't be more thrilled!' Matthew Greenhough, Wound Up