A Pleasance Scratch
A regular theatre scratch night hosted by the Pleasance
Next scratch - Autumn 2020
A Pleasance Scratch is an evening of variety, ideas and fun; a chance to see artists present brave, new work at the first stages of development.
The Pleasance is proud to support a large number of developing artists every year through our various Pleasance Futures initiatives, and this is an opportunity for you to have the first glimpse at what these talented young theatre makers are creating next.
- Applications for our next scratch will open in Autumn 2020.
Highlights from our 2019 Scratches include:
- Figs in Wigs, one of our London Associate Artists previewing extracts from their adaptation of Little Women. It’s called Little Wimmin. If you don’t know the book don’t worry, their show will be the definitive version.
- TomYumSim Simone French, previewing A Suffocating Choking Feeling - part interactive workshop, part brutally honest confession.
- Adam Foster, author of WOOD, previewing The Tragical Comedy, or The Comical Tragedy, of Punch and Judy, or Outrage! in collaboration with Oxford Playhouse.
- Also featuring The SPYCE Collective, Theatre Oikos, Fuel the Fire Theatre Collective and Hysteria Stays.
- Mentoring and support from our team
- A slot in our Main House theatre to share your 10 minute piece of work-in-progress with an audience and get their feedback
- Basic technical support for the event
Each project should:
- Provide any props the performance requires
- Provide all technical requirements with as much notice as possible
- Be available all day on the day of the event